Taking medication can be very confusing, especially when you are prescribed more than one medication at a time. You may be asking questions and not receiving answers in a way you can understand. Such as:
- What are the side effects that this medicine might cause?
- Does this medication interact with any of my other medications, over-the-counter products, or herbals and supplements?
- Should I take this pill with food or on an empty stomach?
- Is there a cheaper alternative?
- I’m tired of taking so many pills! Can anything be stopped safely?
These questions and many others can be answered by your personal medication specialist during your comprehensive medication review.
What is a Medication Review?
Click here to listen to patient testamonials on the benefits of receiving a Medication Review (also know as Medication Therapy Management or MTM).
The Medication Advisors Process:
First, we will gather all of your medical information and do a thorough review to make sure that your medication therapy is working the way it should, causing minimal to no side effects, is safe with your other medications and your medical conditions, and is the cheapest alternative available.
Health and medications can be so confusing for the average person. Let’s face it. There is a lot to know! Especially when you have multiple medications. Throughout your medication review, we will provide education on your health conditions and medications including:
- the importance and consequences of your health conditions;
- how your medicine works to minimize or cure your health condition;
- how to best take your medications to make sure you get the most benefit from them with the least amount of side effects.
Whether it’s to change your medication to a safer or more cost-effective alternative, to simplify your medication regimen by decreasing the number of medications you take, or to offer over-the-counter medication advice, Medication Advisors will work with your other health care providers (e.g., physician, long term care staff, care-giver) by offering a written Care Plan which address each medication recommendation and the researched rationale to explain the value of the proposed change.
Ready to get started? Click here to complete the necessary forms.
If you still have questions or would like to speak with someone in person, call (888) 407-8643 or click the button below.